Friday Interview With Paula of Pauwow Handmade

This week I am interviewing the artist behind this wonderful shop known as Pauwow Handmade. Her name is Paula, and she hails from Romania!
I loved looking through this shop! I found the cord jewelry to be very interesting and quite unique! I love how she mixes antique with modern.

Don't you love this bracelet?

Let's go ahead and get this interview going, I'm eager to find out more about Paula!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Hi, my name is Paula and I live in Romania, Cluj Napoca. I am an art student, I study graphic design and I love drawing and of course, making jewelry. I currently live with my boyfriend three hours away from my hometown, we went away for college two years ago.




I make resin, beaded and wax cords jewelry. I first started with resin and beaded jewelry but than I made some experiments and ended up making waxed cords necklaces, bracelets and earrings, too.




I started when I was in 8th grade I think, my mother got me some polymer clay and I started doing some jewelry for myself.  I abandoned them for a while and started again a year ago when all my friends and family encouraged me to start selling.




My studio is still my kitchen table but I hope that will change when I’ll get my own place. I create whenever I feel like, after I come home from school, I do it to relax and have fun.




My inspiration is in everything that surrounds me, in nature, in people, in everything I see everyday.




That’s a tough question to answer! I like all of them,  I am very dedicated when I work and every piece I make becomes my favorite!



I am a very shy and introvert person so being in such a crowded space is not good for me, although I encouraged myself to attend to a craft show this springs, I am very nervous about it.




My hobby is crafting, I love making things for myself and friends. And, of course, making jewelry is my biggest one. I love what I do!



My long term goal is to get to the point where I make jewelry as a full time job! My short time goal is to make my shop visible to customers.




I was pretty busy lately and didn’t have the time to listen to music lately but my favorite musician is Damien Rice, I love his music!




You can find me on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PauwowHandmade

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed the interview!
Thanks Paula for sharing with us!
Be sure to visit Paula's shop and do a little shopping! I think you'll like her selection!




May the craft be with you,

more

1 comment:

daydreamsdustbunnies said...

Very interesting interview. I went to her shop and faved some of the items. I love the cord jewelry. I stopped in here from the etsy blog team.