Monday Interview- Baegz

This gloriously warm Monday I am interviewing Tracy of the shop Baegz. Tracy seems like quite the fun and creative person. You can view her shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/baegz.

 Lets get started!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you make?
custom handbags and purses.

How did you get started in your craft?
I began by taking quilting classes and that is where I learned the skills needed to start creating bags, until now I only thought about.




How did you find Etsy?
A former etsian told me.
Do you have any inspirations, or someone you find especially inspiring to you?
I can't pick just one because quite a few women have inspired me with their talents in sewing and creating. One show and magazine that stands out is Quilting Art this really takes me outside the box.

Tell us about your creative process.
I start by talking to my clients to see what is inside their mind and try to pull out as much of what they are looking for by asking lots of questions. I take notes and then I draft up a detailed drawing of the finished product and then I start the creating and manufacturing process.

What are some things you have done you think helped your business the most?
I have gone in the direction of having a logo that is on purse labels, business cards and any advertising material. So that my product can be recognized.

Do you have a favorite piece you created?
This tote is an example of quilting art which is something I am trying to expand on...http://www.etsy.com/listing/68549391/custom-spring-quilting-art-tote-bag

Do you attend art and craft fairs/shows often?
I will be attending the Cleveland Sewing Expo this month.

If you were to offer a newbie one piece of advice, what would it be?
To keep looking forward and dont get side tracted when set backs occur and adversity/trials come up against you. Look for one thing that sets you apart from every other person.

Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
V.A. Beach.

Where else on the web can we find you?
www.baegz.weebly.com

Fun Fact: Growing up and in highschool I was the student that did not want to be part of any home economics classes...Boy talk about a 180* now my business is sewing.


crochet, bookmarks, handmade, flower, nature
more

No comments: