I Found My Inspiration

Sometimes I feel as if my creative side has died. I feel like a broken record, just going over and over and over the same thing, making the same thing, and never coming out with anything new.

Finally I started scouring the internet, looking for something new, particularly new and undiscovered flowers.

And then the idea came to me. State flowers! I was so inspired by the gorgeous state flowers I found. Roses, magnolia, iris, black eyed susan, and lots more!

So far, I've created two new state flowers. (Actually I had created a couple a long time ago, but didn't realize it).

First came the magnolia, which is the Mississippi and the Louisiana State flower. I new that one was going to be a bit of a challenge, and indeed it was. But I figured it out, and am quite pleased with the results! Isn't it beautiful? Just click on the picture to go to the listing.


Next I crocheted some black eyed susan appliques, so for those of you who are on the lookout for supplies for your own creations, you might like these! The black eyed susan is Maryland's state flower. Click on the picture to go to the listing.


I am looking forward to new state flower challenges!

Do you have any inspirational stories you'd like to share? Please leave a comment and tell us about it!


Craft on,

more

No comments: