A Bit Of Advice-Effective Treasury Commenting


After a bit of experimenting, it seems commenting on Etsy Treasuries does good things for your shop!
I commented on a bunch, and within a couple of days I was chosen by several curators for their treasuries, and one of the items in a treasury sold!

I theorize that most curators like to look at who is commenting on their treasuries, so it can't hurt to comment and get seen by them.

A tip though. Make sure you have a great avatar! A curator will be much more likely to click to your shop if you have a good avatar.

How should you comment? Leave comments that are useful. Don't say things like "Cool!" and then leave.
Leave a comment that shows you where paying attention to the treasury. I like to say what my favorite item of the treasury is, or point out how well the color scheme was put together, etc. These types of comments will get you a lot more attention.
Besides, it's nice for the curator to get comments like this....





So go do some treasury commenting and see how it works for you!


more

5 comments:

Midnight Creations said...

Commenting is fun, but try to be more creative then. Great treasury : ) Also a good way to shop as well.

Johanna Starnes said...

Yeah, at first I just figured the curator would appreciate the more creative comments :) But I got a bigger surprise, it got me more attention!

And I love looking too, people find the most amazing things for their treasuries!

~Johanna

Snowcatcher said...

Very good post. I hope you get lots of views so lots of people can learn from this.

Keep up the good work!

Love + Cake said...

Interesting thoughts! I love flipping through treasuries and commenting :)

SpecificallyRandom said...

Very good advice. I hadn't really thought about that before. thanks!